ICE Asbestos have just confirmed a 5-year contract extension with a leading Housing Association for the use of our profession...
Asbestos Surveys UK
Asbestos surveys can be required for a number of reasons. We work with domestic and commercial property owners and also with builders undertaking any refurbishments or upgrades to property.
ICE Asbestos has a team of highly trained surveyors that can undertake surveys for Asbestos Containing Material (ACM), these are all in accordance with all the latest legislation. In all cases the process we undertake is:
- To locate any asbestos and determine how much there is present.
- To determine how accessible it is and assess its surface condition.
- To record the type of asbestos by taking a sample and getting it analysed.
- Fast Track Surveys available which ensure your report is with you within 48 hours.
Once Bulk Sample Analysis is carried out the client receives a full Asbestos survey report giving details on the type of asbestos identified, the level of risk to the users of the building and recommendations on the asbestos identified.
ICE Asbestos are also able to produce an Asbestos Register and an Asbestos Management Plan if the asbestos is staying in situ
1. Management Survey
This asbestos survey is formally known as ‘Type 2’. It is carried out to identify the presence of asbestos within a building. The main purposes of this survey are:
- To ensure everyone is aware of the presence and location of the asbestos.
- To ensure no one will be harmed by the presence of the asbestos.
- To assess if the asbestos containing material is in good condition.
- To ensure that no one can accidentally disturb the asbestos and cause harm.
2. Refurbishment/Demolition Survey
If you are planning to carry out extensive refurbishment or demolition of a building then you need to have a Refurbishment / Demolition survey, formally known as a ‘Type 3’ survey. This survey does not assess the condition of the Asbestos Containing Material; it’s more about reducing harm to the building contractors carrying out the work. We can also advise on how best to carry out the work so that the level of risk is reduced. Alternatively, we can offer a professional asbestos removal service to completelt remove the risk.
We provide our services to domestic and commercial properties across the UK. Our headquarters are in Nottingham and we have teams based in the following areas: Birmingham, Darlington, London, Leeds and Norwich.
If you want to find out more about the asbestos surveys then call ICE Asbestos on (0333) 772 0424 and we will come out and advise on the best way forward.
Need asbestos removal or an asbestos survey?(0333) 772 0424
Why Choose ICE Asbestos?
We are the first choice among many companies and individuals in the United Kingdom, for the reasons listed below:
- HSE Licensed - As an HSE licensed contractor, we are able to remove and dispose of ACM in strict accordance with all relevant legislation and industry guidelines
- Commitment to Excellence - We are affiliated with many trade organisations and operate a continuous training programme to ensure our team remains among the very best in the country
- Wide range of Services - In addition to our survey, removal and disposal services, we are also able to replace the ACM thermal insulation that we remove with a safe and effective alternative