We required an urgent survey on a property we are planning to purchase. Tony was very helpful to accommodate us and the results had returned quicker than expected, so all in all a great service - many thanks.
Nationwide Asbestos Management Surveys
All work carried out with ICEAsbestos will be undertaken in accordance with the methods described in HSE document HSG264 survbeyors guide. Our highly trained team of asbestos surveyors hold a P402 certificate in building surveys and Bulk sampling for asbestos.
Each survey will determine the following:
- Locate and identify the amount of any present asbestos.
- Examining the surface condition and accessibility of any asbestos found.
- Analyzing samples taken and recording the asbestos type.
Our clients will be provided with a full asbestos survey report after Bulk Sample Analysis is carried out. The report will contain the risk-level to building occupants/users, recommendations on the asbestos found and the type of asbestos which has been identified.
ICEAsbestos are able to provide an Asbestos Register and an Asbestos Management Plan for any asbestos remaining in place.
What services do ICEAsbestos Provide?
Our services include, but are not limited to:
- Asbestos Management Survey with Asbestos register
- Refurbishment and demolition surveys with asbestos register
- Fast track and bulk sampling
- Re-inspection surveys
Why do I need a survey?
Management surveys primary aim is to ensure that all parties are aware of the location of any asbestos, and to ensure those concerned aren’t presented with any risk. A survey can be done simultaneously to ensure any asbestos located is in good condition, and to protect against the possibility of located asbestos accidently being damaged or disturbed. Re-inspections can be carried out on buildings which have previously had a management survey to keep the management plan up to date.
What type of asbestos survey do I need?
To safeguard the health of a buildings occupants and users, building owners need to establish whether any asbestos containing materials are present on the surface level. To do this a management survey needs to be created. Buildings with no plans to demolish or refurbish, but have a requirement of knowledge of any asbestos contained within the building would require a management survey.
What is the purpose of the management survey?
To identify the presence of asbestos within a building, a management survey is conducted. The main purposes of this survey are:
- To ensure all parties are aware of the presence and location of asbestos.
- To assess the condition of any asbestos containing material.
- To ensure no persons will be harmed by the presence of asbestos.
- To ensure that the asbestos cannot accidentally be disturbed causing risk of harm.
Already had a management survey? We can revisit and update the survey and the asbestos register.
For help and advice or to find out more about our asbestos surveys then call us today at ICEAsbestos on 0333 772 0424.